Transferring to SUNY New Paltz
  Return to ISS Home  |  My ISS Profile  |  My OPT Profile |  Contact Us  

Transferring to SUNY New Paltz from a School in the United States


If you are currently studying at a school in the United States as an F-1 student, you will need to transfer to SUNY New Paltz after you have been admitted. Transfer has two parts: academic and immigration

Academic Transfer: Once you have been admitted to SUNY New Paltz and paid the pre-enrollment deposit, the Admissions Office will evaluate your transcript and determine which classes can be transferred to SUNY New Paltz.

Immigration Transfer: In order to issue a new I-20 for your program at SUNY New Paltz, your current school must transfer your SEVIS record to SUNY New Paltz. 


  • You must be admitted to a program at SUNY New Paltz. 

  • You must be maintaining status at your current school.

  •  You must complete the transfer procedures within the required deadlines (within 60 days after completion of your program or final semester)


  1. Receive admission to SUNY New Paltz

  2. Complete the New Student Request in ISS-Profile

Special Considerations

If you are not in good standing or if it is more than 60 days after completion of your program or final semester, you could be considered out of status. In that case, please talk to your current International Student Advisor and an International Student Advisor at SUNY New Paltz about your options.

If you have any questions about the transfer process, please contact us at