SEVP - Student and Exchange Visitor Program requires all students completing 12 months of OPT and 24 Month STEM OPT to report employment and U.S. address (changes/updates) to International Student Programs.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any employment you accept is directly related to your field of study. When you report employment updates to International Student Programs you will be required to provide details on your employment, address, supervisor, as well as providing a description of how the job is directly related to your field of study.
Work 20 hours or more per week.
Not exceed the allowed days of unemployment.
OPT- 90 days of unemployment within your 12 months of OPT
STEM OPT- 60 days of unemployment within your STEM period
You must report Report to International Student Programs if your:
- name changes
- physical address changes (must report within ten days)
(you can update your address in your profile under Edit Profile --> Profile tab)
- employer changes or your employment address changes
- lose your job
- immigration status changes (e.g. change to H-1B)
Students completing 24 Month STEM OPT must also submit:
- pages 1-4 of I-983 for new employer
- page 5 of I-983 for previous employer
- Form I-983
To satisfy this requirement, please complete this form within 10 days of making any of the above changes.
On the next screen, to login, be sure to choose:
- "I have login credentials to this site that I received by email”
- Your Username is your New Paltz email address and the password is the one you created.
<<As an OPT /STEM OPT student, you will always choose "I have login credentials to this site that I received by email” to access this site.>>